Friday, April 04, 2008

the IRR and a promotion.

i stopped by my unit today and signed my IRR papers...i'm officially in the IRR. my UA told me i’ll start getting harassing phone calls and emails soon, telling me i have to go back into the Reserves or get deployed again. we'll see what happens.

i also found out i was promoted to a Sergeant effective April 1st. i'm happy i got promoted but also disappointed because i won't be pinned or have a chance to wear it.but if i do have to go back in i'll be an E5, which is pretty exciting.

tomorrow i'm going to a Wounded Warriors Event with my girlfriends and my mom. there’s live music and lots of alcohol, guest bartenders...should be interesting. hopefully, i'll come back with pictures and a few ridiculous stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

Most IRR callups I've seen are O-3s, you should be good. I hope you take some good pictures of drunken shenanigans. Those are always my favorite.

4/04/2008 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger loose change said...

Good for you. No pinning but at least you have the rank if you get called. I was days away from going into the IRR and I got recalled for 130 days. Life is such. I am going to work on a promotion to E6 while I am on active duty.

Your CG Buddy KM.

PS sorry we didnt stop in that one night to Nats job. Outback filled us up

4/04/2008 04:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home