Friday, June 27, 2008

send a care package...to Qatar?

my mom came home from work yesterday and rushed into my room..."Katie, my bosses son is stationed overseas and they need powdered drink mix. apparently someone lost their contract and they can't get gatorade anymore" of course, i responded with, "yeah sure mom...where is he?" she holds up this nicely printed "please help the soldiers stationed in the middle east" hand out and says Qatar. hahahaha. i almost pissed myself. she was confused by my reaction when i told her, "yeah fucking right, that kid is living better then me!" she thought i was being mean and cold hearted until i explained their conditions over there and reminded her i took my r&r there. everyone practically has their own SUV, they wear polo shirts to work, work like 12-4, sunbath on the weekends, probably hit up the mall and drink shitty beer, and cart around Soldiers taking their three or four day break from the real war in Iraq. AND this kid is in the Air Force. in fact, i might ask him to send me something or book me a vacation. care package to Qatar? yeah right. unless they start dodging mortar rounds, IEDS, car bombs, and carry around M16s...i'll send a care package to the Soldiers who actually need them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

now i'm going swimming.

2 Comments:

Blogger olgreydog7 said...

Kinda like the moral tours that only go to Kuwait and Qatar. Choose your rate choose your fate I guess.

6/30/2008 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

Finnaallllyyyy. It's about time someone just went ahead and said it.

6/30/2008 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home