Monday, July 21, 2008

Soldiers Are Shooting Pigs.

I get emails from VetVoice all the time (thanks guys!) and this one caught my attention..."Army had soldiers in the 25th Infantry Division shoot live pigs and then treat their injuries during a training exercise last week." Maj. Derrick Cheng, spokesman for the 25th Infantry Division said the training is "to teach Army personnel how to manage critically injured patients within the first few hours of their injury,"

WHAT?!

Say what you want...maybe some think this is a really great learning experience, realistic and high-speed. But there is no way in hell I would ever do this. I do not think this is justified and not to mention the toll it would take on the Soldiers mentally. (And please don't give me any shit..."Soldiers are suppose to be killers blah blah blah." If the pig isn't coming after them with an RPG or weapon, I'm sure shooting the animal would be difficult.) I would not inflict any pain on a human being or an animal if it wasn't in the name of self-defense. Anyone in the Army knows that we practice first aide on those beat-up dummies and throw a couple bandages on them and call it a day or stab one another with needles attempting to learn how to be a good combat life saver...maybe this is not totally efficient training but there has to be a medium!

Being a vegetarian for over five years and against animal testing, etc. I just find this to be absolutely absurd and tasteless. Poor pigs.

PETA has to be having a field day with this. I wonder is Pamela Anderson is going to wear anti-army shirts now.

Check out the post on VetVoice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home