Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Last Tour: A decorated marine's war within by William Finnegan.

This piece appears in the September 29th issue of the New Yorker. Everyone needs to read this. This Marine went to hell and back...his story is insane and heartbreaking and disturbing. I cried. Read it...please.

Staff Sergeant Travis Twiggs.



AND there are also some great photographs in this issue by Platon. He followed men and women who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and their families. (You might actually have to buy the magazine to see these photos but check out his site.) PLATON.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article is one of the most upsetting articles I have ever read. It explains a lot to people that don't know too much about PTSD, but it's just so horrific. I cried.

9/25/2008 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a waste! Yet another reason why we've got to get out of this snake-handcuffing campaign in the Mideast. Trouble is, that kind of story'll be multiplied by the thousands as the years go by. This insanity needs to stop.

9/25/2008 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Absolutely breaks my heart and I weep for my country.

9/26/2008 01:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. I appreciate you sharing you opinions and using the freedom of speech you fight for daily.


I'll definitely add your blog to my blog list.

9/28/2008 05:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home