Thursday, June 18, 2009

Has college...

made me "one of them?" I love learning, reading, etc but I'm fucking busy with pure bullshit all the time! Math homework? Nonsense. Is photography art? Who cares. Take photos if you want...call them art if you want...if anyone tells you they aren't art look at who is saying it...probably some ironic asshole who thinks they're important. Fuck 'em. I need to graduate now...not in a year. And who thinks it's good for an 18 year old to go to an Ivy League school? What will an 18 year old get out of an Ivy League school besides a skewed vision on life? Our lifestyles and wants breed assholes.

3 Comments:

Blogger olgreydog7 said...

This is something I wish someone would do a documentary/study on, how vets see college students. I wasn't a huge fan before, and I teach them, but now I really have a disdain for the majority of college students. I can't speak for too many Ivy league kids, but the ones I knew at Harvard and the one I knew at Princeton were all extremely self driven and productive members of society after graduation. There tends to be less bullshit majors at an Ivy League school, therefore, less bullshit students wasting 4-5 years and thousands of $$.

6/19/2009 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Alex Horton said...

I feel like a foreign exchange student every time I set foot on campus. My classes are filled with people my age, we watched the same cartoons and we got in the same kind of trouble, but they're not my peers anymore. They might as well be Martians. I just go to class, stay quiet and shuffle out the door when it's time.

I wouldn't worry about becoming "one of them." You're marked. We all are, and there's no going back. Not that you'd want to anyway.

6/21/2009 06:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I have been reading your blog, having just found it today. I also went to Iraq, and really could connect with some of your posts. Just wanted to say I doubt college has made you one of "those". It's not possible anymore.

6/27/2009 07:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home